Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Alice Cooper - Department of Youth

I am already always amused at the end of this song, from his album "Welcome To My Nightmare", at the shout out to Donny:

"We're the Department of Youth!
We've got the power!
We're the Department of Youth!
And who gave it to you?
DONNY OSMOND!
What?!"

With that, was Cooper acknowledging the actual power of the record buying / radio listening masses of the teenybopper set back then?

I almost forgot about the video of it until I stumbled across it:

Alice Cooper - Department of Youth




More Donny to be had here! Note the "teen magazine" at the very beginning that Alice crawls out from under. Brett Does It! Donny Won't! Os-Hudson Hush-Hush Battle!

Oh! And speaking of Alice and Donny, teen mags ahoy:

Donny: I Want To Be Like Alice! Alice: I Want To Be Like Donny!

Click over to my Photobucket to view larger and read. It's my Donny Photobucket where I put stuff for my website and etc.,
so it might need a password. It's "donny".


Just had to include it, it's such a hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Classic rock, 70s pop, psychedelic rock, soul, r&b... The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Doors, David Bowie, Tom Petty, Stevie Wonder, many more. Above all, though, I have a rock and roll heart.

And the hits just keep on coming...