Wednesday, May 28, 2008

An appreciation of Tears For Fears

I just got three albums on iTunes that I previously had only on cassette tape. "The Hurting", "Songs From The Big Chair" and "Seeds of Love".



So just because, enjoy these videos, linked from YouTube so you don't have to even look for them yourself. *winks*




Shout

Let it all out! These are the things I can do without so come on, I'm talkin' to you, come on! One of the big hits from "Big Chair".

Mad World

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. "The Hurting" was such a good album, a very strong debut. Yes this is that "Donnie Darko" song. Gary Jules did do a very good, moody cover of this one, slowed it up and just gave it a new life. But this is the version we all first heard. Curt's time to shine on lead vocal. The video cracks me up though... Roland's little dance outside the window. LOL!

Head Over Heels

Something happens and I'm head over heels. I never find out 'til I'm head over heels. Something happens and I'm head over heels. Ah don't take my heart, don't break my heart, don't throw it away. Who knew librarians could be hot?

Woman In Chains (with Oleta Adams) - Love this one so much.

Trades her soul as skin and bones
(You better love loving and you better behave)
Sells the only thing she owns
(You better love loving and you better behave) ooh ooh
Woman in chains (the sun and the moon), woman in chains


Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Theres a room where the light wont find you, holding hands while the walls come tumbling down. When they do Ill be right behind you.

Sowing The Seeds Of Love

High time we made a stand and shook up the views of the common man. And the love train rides from coast to coast. Every minute of every hour - I love a sunflower and I believe in love power, love power, love power !!!

Break It Down Again

'No sleep for dreaming' say the architects of life. Big bouncing babies, bread and butter can I have a slice? They make no mention of the beauty of decay. Blue, yellow, pink umbrella save it for a rainy day. And all the love and all the love in the world won't stop the rain from falling. Waste seeping underground. I want to break it down. "Elemental" was definitely a Roland Orzabal solo album, but there were a couple of good cuts on it. The two halves are not as strong as a whole and TFF suffered, IMO when Curt left.

That said though, Roland was (IS) a strong songwriter and put together some fantastic arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Classic rock, 70s pop, psychedelic rock, soul, r&b... The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Doors, David Bowie, Tom Petty, Stevie Wonder, many more. Above all, though, I have a rock and roll heart.

And the hits just keep on coming...